Former PE teacher loses more than nine stone and raises thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
A former PE teacher has lost more than nine-and-a-half stone and raised thousands for charity by running in memory of his brothers.
David Manson, 56, from Dunmow, joined Slimming World after piling on the pounds following the death of both of his brothers from bowel cancer.
David weighed in at 26 stone at his heaviest.
He raised more than £3,000 for Bowel Cancer UK by running a 10k and a half marathon.
David said: "I had many preconceptions about what the group would be like, from the other people who would be there to how I would be received, but the reality was completely the opposite. It was friendly, supportive and there were other men."
You may also want to watch:
David's consultant, Lydia Chandler, said: "I am so happy to see the transformation in David, not just with his weight loss, but with his whole demeanour and confidence."
For more information about Lydia's Slimming World groups in Dunmow, call 07842665412.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees