Flying high at primary school
AN OWL flying display was one of the entertainments that marked the opening of two new facilities at Stebbing Primary School, on Friday The opening of the Maynard Montessori Nursery and a new all-weather play surface started with a blessing from Reverends
AN OWL flying display was one of the entertainments that marked the opening of two new facilities at Stebbing Primary School, on Friday
The opening of the Maynard Montessori Nursery and a new all-weather play surface started with a blessing from Reverends Tim and Ruth Goodbody, the new vicars at St Mary's Church.
This was followed by a ribbon cutting that was performed by pupils Toby Hills, 11, and Henrietta White, two, who were chosen because Toby is the oldest pupil in the school and Henrietta is the youngest nursery school pupil.
After the formal ceremonies had taken place, pupils took part in a flying themed fun day.
You may also want to watch:
This included a flying display by the Owl Time Team, a challenge to build the best paper aeroplane and kite flying.
Headteacher Janet Matthews said: "The opening of these new facilities marks the culmination of years of hard work undertaken by all of the school community.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
"We are now able to enjoy a superb, flat, safe play area all year round."
Before the new nursery was opened, children who could not get a place at the Patricia Pilgrim Nursery School in the village had to be taken by parents to attend nurseries in Dunmow.