Flying high at primary school
AN OWL flying display was one of the entertainments that marked the opening of two new facilities at Stebbing Primary School, on Friday The opening of the Maynard Montessori Nursery and a new all-weather play surface started with a blessing from Reverends
AN OWL flying display was one of the entertainments that marked the opening of two new facilities at Stebbing Primary School, on Friday
The opening of the Maynard Montessori Nursery and a new all-weather play surface started with a blessing from Reverends Tim and Ruth Goodbody, the new vicars at St Mary's Church.
This was followed by a ribbon cutting that was performed by pupils Toby Hills, 11, and Henrietta White, two, who were chosen because Toby is the oldest pupil in the school and Henrietta is the youngest nursery school pupil.
After the formal ceremonies had taken place, pupils took part in a flying themed fun day.
This included a flying display by the Owl Time Team, a challenge to build the best paper aeroplane and kite flying.
Headteacher Janet Matthews said: "The opening of these new facilities marks the culmination of years of hard work undertaken by all of the school community.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
"We are now able to enjoy a superb, flat, safe play area all year round."
Before the new nursery was opened, children who could not get a place at the Patricia Pilgrim Nursery School in the village had to be taken by parents to attend nurseries in Dunmow.