Flower power at pretty show
FELSTED S Memorial Hall looked bloomin lovely as Felsted Garden Club held its autumn show on Saturday. Tables lining the hall were loaded with a selection of flowers, fruits and vegetables and competition for the coveted cups was fierce with exhibitors t
FELSTED'S Memorial Hall looked bloomin' lovely as Felsted Garden Club held its autumn show on Saturday.
Tables lining the hall were loaded with a selection of flowers, fruits and vegetables and competition for the coveted cups was fierce with exhibitors talking of bumper crops to choose from.
Glynis Smith had a very successful day winning the Alderton Staines cup for the most points in the show, The Alfred Waller trophy for fuchsias, and the Potash trophy for floral art.
Mrs Smith was especially pleased to win the RHS Banksian Medal for the most points in horticulture over the spring and autumn shows.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Turner won the vegetable section and his huge curved marrow a bit like a boomerang took the trophy for novelty vegetables.
Alison Moore and George Bellingham-Smith won the Harry Unwin trophy to share for their efforts in the fruit classes.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
John Grimshaw won the Barton Shield for his dahlias. He entered 11 classes and got a first in 10 of them.
To end the line-up Peter Whitman won the Mansfield trophy for his rose exhibits with judges commenting on the lovely perfume coming from them.
In total, 32 people including children took part in the show and there were more than