Flood warning issued in Great Bardfield, Bocking and Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning has been issued for Great Bardfield following the heavy overnight rainfall.
The River Pant is expected to continue to rise slowly.
The Environment Agency stated on its website: “The peak of the river is now near Copford Hall. River levels are likely to continue to rise slowly. Over the next 12 hours the forecast is for light rain.
“Properties are at risk in Great Bardfield, Bocking Church Street, Bocking, and Braintree. The Environment Agency is monitoring the situation closely, working alongside partners including the Met Office and local authorities.”
It is believed properties in Finchingfield have been affected by the severe weather.
You may also want to watch:
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford or Braintree that have been flooded or have any pictures, e-mail us at email@example.com or Tweet us using the handle @dunmowbroadcast
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation