Flood warning issued in Great Bardfield, Bocking and Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning has been issued for Great Bardfield following the heavy overnight rainfall.
The River Pant is expected to continue to rise slowly.
The Environment Agency stated on its website: “The peak of the river is now near Copford Hall. River levels are likely to continue to rise slowly. Over the next 12 hours the forecast is for light rain.
“Properties are at risk in Great Bardfield, Bocking Church Street, Bocking, and Braintree. The Environment Agency is monitoring the situation closely, working alongside partners including the Met Office and local authorities.”
It is believed properties in Finchingfield have been affected by the severe weather.
You may also want to watch:
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford or Braintree that have been flooded or have any pictures, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us using the handle @dunmowbroadcast
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change