Teenage robbers attempt to take bike off cyclist
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Two teenagers violently tried to steal a cyclist’s bike and rucksack as he rode along Flitch Way, Dunmow.
The teenagers are believed to be around 16 years old.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “One of the teenagers punched the victim in the head and tried to grab his rucksack off his back. The teenager fell into the other teenager, who was grabbing at items.
“The victim punched one suspect in defence, and then grabbed his bike. He kicked the other suspect and managed to ride off without losing any property.”
The incident happened on Bannister Green, Dunmow, at 4pm on Friday, August 14.
You may also want to watch:
If you have information about this incident, call Essex Police on 101, quoting the crime reference number 42/126314/20. or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex