Flitch Way Action Group to hold open meeting in Great Dunmow
The Flitch Way Action Group has launched a petition calling for the Flitch Way to be extended so that there is a pedestrain and cycle path from the Flitch Way to Dunmow Town Centre.
The group’s open Annual General Meeting is at Foakes Hall on Monday, February 20 at 7pm with speaker Stan Davies who has just published a book about the Flitch Way. This meeting is open to all.
The group is also calling for an off-road path from Rayne to Bishop’s Stortford and for the path to be extended from Stuart Hill to Bishop’s Stortford.
The group is working with Dunmow Town Council, Uttlesford District
Council, Essex County Council, landowners and developers to provide a suitable path.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Stuart Withington, vice chairman of the Flitch Way Action Group said: “We are calling on people to join the campaign, to like our Facebook page, sign our petition, to spread the word about what we are doing and pledge their support on our website.
“we also need people to help with fundraising, publicity and IT. If we all work together, we can make the connection.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust