Flitch Green Co-op staff threatened with hammer during raid by masked robbers
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a village Co-op were threatened with hammers by masked men during a robbery.
Two men entered The Co-Operative Food store in Hallett Road, Flitch Green, at about 10.55pm on Wednesday, July 5.
One climbed over the counter and demanded money from three staff members, while the other pushed one of the victims and threatened him with a hammer.
The robbers stole a four-figure sum of cash.
The victims, two men and a woman, were left shaken but unharmed by the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers searched the area for the suspects, and enquiries are ongoing to find them.
They were described as white, about 5ft 8ins tall and had their faces covered.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
One wore a grey tracksuit, the other a black tracksuit. Both wore baseball caps and hooded tops.
Detectives say the men may have left in a vehicle.
Police want to speak to anyone who saw the suspects before or after the incident, or saw anybody acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the robbery.
They also want to speak to anyone who has CCTV or any other information that could help the investigation.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101, or alternatively contact independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at www.crimestoppers-uk.org