Five injured in Aythorpe Roding head-on crash
- Credit: Archant
Five people were treated for injuries after a two-vehicle head-on crash in Aythorpe Roding this morning (July 19).
The accident took place outside the Axe and Compasses pub in Dunmow Road at around 11.10am, and two fire crews from Chelmsford had to cut a female from her vehicle.
The East of England Ambulance Service sent three ambulance crews, three rapid response vehicles, a hazardous area response team (HART), an ambulance officer, and the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance also attended the scene.
Four people, two men and two women, who are believed to be elderly, were travelling in one car, which collided with another that was being driven by a female.
Two of the elderly patients - a man and woman - were taken to the Royal London Hospital by air ambulance.
The man was suffering from chest pains, while the woman sustained serious pelvic injuries but is said to be in a stable condition.
The other male and female in the car were taken to Princess Alexander Hospital, in Harlow, via land ambulance with minor head injuries and bruising.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
The woman in the other vehicle was taken by land to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, suffering from neck pain.
Essex police were also in attendance and assisted at the scene.