Fishing schools aim to reel in newcomers
SUMMER fishing schools are aiming to reel in newcomers to the waterside, by teaching them the basics of one of the country s most popular sports. Four free angling coaching events in the north Chelmsford area have been organised by the Environment Agency
SUMMER fishing schools are aiming to reel in newcomers to the waterside, by teaching them the basics of one of the country's most popular sports.
Four free angling coaching events in the north Chelmsford area have been organised by the Environment Agency and local coach Nick Watkins.
Anyone who wants to get into fishing for the first time will have the opportunity to try their hand at angling in the hope that it will spark a passion for a sport that can last a lifetime.
Chief coach, Nick says, "If you've ever wanted to learn to fish but wasn't sure how to start, then why not come along to one of our open day taster sessions and have a go at Britain's biggest participation sport. You will be able to learn to fish in a safe, friendly environment where all the tackle and bait is provided free of charge."
You may also want to watch:
During the day, people will be able to sign up for a free 30 minute coaching session. There will be at least three qualified coaches on hand and all the necessary equipment will be provided.
All the venues have ample parking and toilet facilities and everyone is invited to turn up on the day.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
The dates are:
July 12 and August 5 - Newland Hall Fishery, Roxwell, near Chelmsford
July 30 and August 20 - Cuton Lake, Chelmer Village
For more information call 07704 284 103.