Fishing schools aim to reel in newcomers
SUMMER fishing schools are aiming to reel in newcomers to the waterside, by teaching them the basics of one of the country s most popular sports. Four free angling coaching events in the north Chelmsford area have been organised by the Environment Agency
SUMMER fishing schools are aiming to reel in newcomers to the waterside, by teaching them the basics of one of the country's most popular sports.
Four free angling coaching events in the north Chelmsford area have been organised by the Environment Agency and local coach Nick Watkins.
Anyone who wants to get into fishing for the first time will have the opportunity to try their hand at angling in the hope that it will spark a passion for a sport that can last a lifetime.
Chief coach, Nick says, "If you've ever wanted to learn to fish but wasn't sure how to start, then why not come along to one of our open day taster sessions and have a go at Britain's biggest participation sport. You will be able to learn to fish in a safe, friendly environment where all the tackle and bait is provided free of charge."
You may also want to watch:
During the day, people will be able to sign up for a free 30 minute coaching session. There will be at least three qualified coaches on hand and all the necessary equipment will be provided.
All the venues have ample parking and toilet facilities and everyone is invited to turn up on the day.
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
The dates are:
July 12 and August 5 - Newland Hall Fishery, Roxwell, near Chelmsford
July 30 and August 20 - Cuton Lake, Chelmer Village
For more information call 07704 284 103.