Blaze at Thaxted workshop involved gas cylinders

Two crews from Saffron Walden Fire Station attended a fire in Thaxted yesterday. Picture: ESSEX COUN

Two crews from Saffron Walden Fire Station attended a fire in Thaxted yesterday. Picture: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE - Credit: Archant

Saffron Walden firefighters used an emergency water supply tank buried in the ground to put out a fire in Thaxted on Tuesday.

Two crews from Saffron Walden and a hazardous materials officer attended a fire in a Thaxted workshop.

According to a post on the Saffron Walden Fire Station's Facebook page, the fire involved acetylene cylinders and the firefighters used water from an onsite emergency water supply tank buried in the ground to extinguish the blaze.

Crews monitored the fire damaged cylinders for three hours until satisfied they were safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus