Blaze at Thaxted workshop involved gas cylinders

PUBLISHED: 08:46 22 May 2019 | UPDATED: 08:55 22 May 2019

Two crews from Saffron Walden Fire Station attended a fire in Thaxted yesterday. Picture: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE

Two crews from Saffron Walden Fire Station attended a fire in Thaxted yesterday. Picture: ESSEX COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE

Archant

Saffron Walden firefighters used an emergency water supply tank buried in the ground to put out a fire in Thaxted on Tuesday.

You may also want to watch:

Two crews from Saffron Walden and a hazardous materials officer attended a fire in a Thaxted workshop.

According to a post on the Saffron Walden Fire Station's Facebook page, the fire involved acetylene cylinders and the firefighters used water from an onsite emergency water supply tank buried in the ground to extinguish the blaze.

Crews monitored the fire damaged cylinders for three hours until satisfied they were safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast