Firefighter retires after 25 years service at Dunmow Fire Station
- Credit: Archant
A firefighter has retired after 25 years of service at Dunmow Fire Station.
All John Geraghty friends and colleagues clubbed together to buy him a breathing apparatus tally, which is a piece of fire fighting equipment, with his name on it and a commemorative axe. Most of the firefighters at Dunmow have served for five years, and there are only four other people there with 15 years under their belt.
The fire station said: “It’s a huge loss because it’s 25 years experience, when you go into somewhere that might be quite difficult to deal with it’s good to have a good, calm safe of hands that he would be.
“He’s a complete professional and had very high standards all the time, he never put a foot wrong.”
John has been on duty to help at many emergencies, including the Felsted School blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Leading Firefighter James Pearce described him as “a really nice person”.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear