Fire savages converted barn

PUBLISHED: 12:15 23 December 2009 | UPDATED: 07:29 30 May 2010

Fire crews assess the damage

Fire crews assess the damage

FIREFIGHTERS were busy overnight on Tuesday (December 22) as they fought for over fours hours to bring a blaze in Barnston under control. Crews from Dunmow, Thaxted, Braintree and Leaden Roding arrived at a converted barn on Onslow Green at around 8pm and

FIREFIGHTERS were busy overnight on Tuesday (December 22) as they fought for over fours hours to bring a blaze in Barnston under control.

Crews from Dunmow, Thaxted, Braintree and Leaden Roding arrived at a converted barn on Onslow Green at around 8pm and started to tackle the fire which had started in the chimney before fiercely spreading over the roof.

At just past midnight the fire was completely out.

There were no reports of any injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast