Fire in Takeley kitchen after cooking left unattended
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Unattended cooking caught alight in Takeley on November 7.
It started at around 9.30am on Beech Close when a woman, who was cooking on the hob, was distracted stopped watching her meal.
When the fire alarm went off she managed to put out the fire, call 999, and leave her home. Nobody was hurt.
Stansted and Great Dunmow fire stations came to help – they used fans to ventilate smoke out of the building, and had left after 20 minutes.
In light of the incident, The Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind people about the importance of having a working smoke alarm.