Fire in Takeley kitchen after cooking left unattended

PUBLISHED: 09:00 14 November 2016



Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

Unattended cooking caught alight in Takeley on November 7.

It started at around 9.30am on Beech Close when a woman, who was cooking on the hob, was distracted stopped watching her meal.

When the fire alarm went off she managed to put out the fire, call 999, and leave her home. Nobody was hurt.

Stansted and Great Dunmow fire stations came to help – they used fans to ventilate smoke out of the building, and had left after 20 minutes.

In light of the incident, The Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind people about the importance of having a working smoke alarm.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast