Fire crews monitor large straw blaze overnight
A SPECIALIST fire engine used by Dunmow crews was called into action last Thursday (September 17) after over 100 tonnes of straw went up in smoke.
The Pinzgauer off-road vehicle based at the town’s fire station was sent over to New Barn Lane in Broomfield just after 6.30pm.
On arrival they found bales of straw on fire in a field and precariously positioned next to dry hedge rows.
The crews monitored the blaze overnight and hosed down the surrounding area to keep things cool whilst the main fire was allowed to burn itself out.
At 8am on Friday morning the vehicle was still in place to ensure the situation was under control.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success