Fire crews monitor large straw blaze overnight
A SPECIALIST fire engine used by Dunmow crews was called into action last Thursday (September 17) after over 100 tonnes of straw went up in smoke.
The Pinzgauer off-road vehicle based at the town’s fire station was sent over to New Barn Lane in Broomfield just after 6.30pm.
On arrival they found bales of straw on fire in a field and precariously positioned next to dry hedge rows.
The crews monitored the blaze overnight and hosed down the surrounding area to keep things cool whilst the main fire was allowed to burn itself out.
At 8am on Friday morning the vehicle was still in place to ensure the situation was under control.
You may also want to watch:
No one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone