Fire breaks out in high street boutique

SHOPPERS and market-goers came to a standstill on Tuesday morning when a small fire broke out in one of Dunmow s most popular high street boutiques. Dunmow firefighters were called to Cloud IX at about 9.30am when smoke was discovered coming from the grou

SHOPPERS and market-goers came to a standstill on Tuesday morning when a small fire broke out in one of Dunmow's most popular high street boutiques.

Dunmow firefighters were called to Cloud IX at about 9.30am when smoke was discovered coming from the ground floor of the building.

Visibly shocked, a teary eyed shop worker was led away by friends, whilst the fire crew donned breathing apparatus and entered the building.

A spokesman for the fire crew said: "It was only a small electrical fire coming from some of the shop lighting."


You may also want to watch:


It appears that only a small amount of stock and some lights were damaged by the fire.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus