Fire breaks out in high street boutique

PUBLISHED: 11:00 12 August 2008 | UPDATED: 07:04 30 May 2010

Firefighters at the scene

Firefighters at the scene

SHOPPERS and market-goers came to a standstill on Tuesday morning when a small fire broke out in one of Dunmow s most popular high street boutiques. Dunmow firefighters were called to Cloud IX at about 9.30am when smoke was discovered coming from the grou

Firefighters enter Cloud IX on Tuesday morning

SHOPPERS and market-goers came to a standstill on Tuesday morning when a small fire broke out in one of Dunmow's most popular high street boutiques.

Dunmow firefighters were called to Cloud IX at about 9.30am when smoke was discovered coming from the ground floor of the building.

Visibly shocked, a teary eyed shop worker was led away by friends, whilst the fire crew donned breathing apparatus and entered the building.

A spokesman for the fire crew said: "It was only a small electrical fire coming from some of the shop lighting."

It appears that only a small amount of stock and some lights were damaged by the fire.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast