Finchingfield named best place to live in Essex
- Credit: Su Anderson
Finchingfield is one of the best places to live in the East of England, according to a guide that has just been published.
The village comes sixth, with another village in Essex, Terling, coming seventh.
Ten places have been named as the top residences in the East of England with Orford, Suffolk being crowned as the ultimate des res. Rosario Coverdale, a Finchingfield resident who co-ordinated the opening of a new outdoor gym in the village which began operating last week, said: “My husband has been here 40 years and I have been here 20, and we are blessed to live in such a beautiful place.
“The community is terrific, there is a lot of community spirit, with a cross-section of ages, and there are a lot of services.
“Our tea rooms are thriving and even in the winter there are coach-loads of people visiting our delightful village – which has a magnificent view down the hill, whether it is a crisp bright winter morning or a warm balmy summer’s evening.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have the Guildhall which is a great venue for art and events, and there is a lot going on.
“We are definitely one of the best places to live, we are very blessed. I have lived in Chelmsford and come from Belfast, and this place calms a troubled heart.”
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
The guide has been published in the The Sunday Times and places were rated taking into account crime rates, house prices and school performance.
They were selected for offering the best quality of life to the widest number of people, and combining desirable features such as a positive community spirit, good shops and services and attractive outdoor spaces.
The top 10 places in the East of England in order are Orford, Suffolk, Biddenham, Bedfordshire, The Abingtons, Cambridgeshire, Defreville, just north of Cambridge city, Houghton, near Huntingdon, Finchingfield, Terling, Holt and Thorpe St Andrew, both in Norfolk, and Framlingham, Suffolk.
The guide is in two parts. The first focused on the Southeast, East, North East, Yorkshire, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales.
Is where you live better than Finchingfield? Let us know why by emailing email@example.com.