Finchingfield 2011 calendar now on sale: all proceeds to the Guildhall restoration project
A CALENDAR highlighting the best of Finchingfield, put together to raise cash for the village’s Guildhall restoration project, is now on sale.
The 2011 year planner comprises the 12 best entries into a photography competition held earlier this year. The winning snaps were selected as they best define what the village of Finchingfield is all about.
Now all proceeds raised from the sale of the calendar will go towards the �1m Guildhall restoration project.
Jeremy Toynbee, who is part of the Finchingfield Almshouse Trust who maintain and manage the Guildhall, said: “The calendars are back from the printers and look rather good.
“Those who placed a pre-order back in the summer will receive theirs in the next few days. If not, they are on sale now and will make an excellent gift or can take pride of place on your wall.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We could do with a hand to help us sell them. We are arranging to have stands at the major local supermarkets over the course of the next few weeks and if you could spare an hour or two do let us know.
“Also we need volunteers to go door to door in the village.”
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
The A3 format of the calendar allows lots of space for adding in appointments and includes the public holidays and major notable dates.
Priced �8.50, they are available from Finchingfield Post Office, the Picture Pot tearooms and gallery, and Perfect Something gift shop.
Alternatively, send a note of how may you would like along with your return address to: The Clerk, Finchingfield Almshouse Trust, Willetts, Duck End, Finchingfield, Essex CM7 4NA.
Delivery is free if within five miles of the village, thereafter �2 post and packaging applies, which covers the postage of up to three calendars. Please make cheques payable to Finchingfield Almshouse Trust.
• To find out more about the Finchingfield Guildhall Project search on Facebook or visit finchingfieldguildhall.org.uk