Fifth arrest made as Stevenage murder investigation continues
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested after a man was stabbed to death in Stevenage yesterday.
Police were called to Angle Ways in Stevenage shortly after 4am yesterday morning after reports that a man had been found lying in the street. The man had sustained a stab wound but, despite attempts to revive him, was later pronounced dead at the town’s Lister Hospital.
The fifth person to be arrested since the stabbing is a 49-year-old man from North Herts who was arrested last night on suspicion of conspiracy to rob. He remains in police custody at this time.
Four others who were yesterday arrested on suspicion of murder, also remain in police custody.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit is investigating the murder.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We have now established the incident began at a property in Long Leaves and currently this area remains cordoned off.
“We are continuing to appeal for any witnesses and information about what happened and would also like to reassure the local community that we believe this to be an isolated incident.”
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
The four others who have been arrested are a 57-year-old man from Stevenage, an 18-year-old man from London, a 43-year-old woman from Stevenage and a 35-year-old man from Stevenage.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact DI Jenkins via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.