Felstedians show off their art skills for 450th celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Pupils have produced a stunning piece of art to commemorate Felsted Schools’ 450th anniversary in 2014.
Every Year 9 pupil contributed at least one piece to the collaborative art project, and the result of their endeavours is a fantastic mural. The image represented is of the main façade of Felsted, School House.
Artist in residence, Katie Shirtcliffe, said; “Using techniques learnt throughout the Autumn term such as drawing to scale, using colour, tone and texture, they used their own choice of medium to complete a piece of the image.
“I must say School House looks truly joyful to be celebrating 450 years.”
Felsted is celebrating its 450th anniversary, and there are many events planned such as a Service of Celebration in St Paul’s Cathedral and a performance from resident Nik Kershaw.
You may also want to watch:
The students’ artwork adds to the festivities!
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school