Felsted team to compete against nation’s best in national quiz championships at Harrow
- Credit: Archant
Four Felsted Preparatory School pupils have earned a place at the national Inter-School Quiz Championships finals this year, which will take place at Harrow.
To qualify, the team consisting of George Harvey, aged 13 from Braintree, Josh Bird, 11 from Stebbing, Alfie Summers, 12 from Terling and James Cotterill, 13 from Scotland, had to win through a regional qualifying heat at Holmwood House in December.
The boys won the heat with flying colours, having taken the lead immediately and never releasing it from their grasp.
Brian Hays, director of Co-Curricular Sports and Activities at Felsted, said; “Taking a lead after the first question and maintaining it throughout the next 39 questions is very impressive, and the boys were fantastic.”
The team will take a group of supporters with them for the final, including their peers, teachers, and headmistress Jenny Burrett, who was also delighted with the boys’ efforts.
You may also want to watch:
The finals will take place later this year.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge