Felsted students receive impressive results in their International Baccalaureate Diploma
FELSTED students are reaping the benefits of their hard work after receiving the results of their International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB).
Of the 22 students who took the IB, 14 gained 33 points or higher. 33 points gains 457 UCAS points- the equivalent of three A* grades at A-Level.
Felsted’s top scorer was Patricia Guht, from Germany, who gained 42 points (equivalent to 2 A*s and 3 As at A Level), which is a new Felsted school record and a world class result.
She said: “I enjoyed studying the IB at Felsted and it has enabled me to apply to a great range of universities internationally. A combination of traditional English teaching, an international perspective, great friends and a vast arrange of extra curricular activities has been great preparation for university life.”
Headmaster Dr Michael Walker said: “I am absolutely delighted with our results once again this year. This included an extremely impressive score of 42 points from one pupil, which demonstrates the high calibre of student we get into the IB programme at Felsted.
You may also want to watch:
“We currently rank as one of the top IB schools in the UK and I look forward to the continued growth and success of the IB Diploma Programme at Felsted over the coming years.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced