Felsted School will look to help families affected by Walden School closure
- Credit: Archant
The headmaster of an Uttlesford private school says he is eager to help families affected by the closure of Walden School in Saffron Walden, but has warned places are limited for September.
Chris Townsend, headteacher at Felsted School, said he was saddened to learn of the closure but pointed to the competitive marketplace for students.
He said: “We were very sad to hear about the imminent closure of Walden School at the end of this term and feel particularly for all the students, parents and staff involved.
“We have spoken to a number of them and will do our best to help families looking for school places where we can, although at this late stage, we do not have many places left for September 2017, and are already full in most year groups.
“It is a competitive marketplace and this has added to the pressure on a number of schools nationally. but parents can still see all the benefits that a school such as Felsted can provide, and are willing to invest in their children’s future, with small class sizes, outstanding teaching, pastoral care and co-curricular and leadership opportunities, plus a safe, secure and happy environment for students all contributing to the experience for each pupil.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very sorry to see a place with the tradition and history of Walden School reach an end, and wish all those affected success and best wishes in finding the right solution for September.”
- 1 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 2 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision