Felsted School students through to TV show Britain’s Got Talent semi-finals
- Credit: Felsted School
Three musicians from Felsted School are through to Britain’s Got Talent’s semi-finals as part of the Chineke! Junior Orchestra.
Sana, her brother Shesh and Charles are members of the youth orchestra for Black, Asian and ethnically diverse players aged 11-22.
It was founded in 2015 by Chi-chi Nwanoku OBE, with the aim of creating opportunities for BME musicians in mainstream orchestras where they are currently underrepresented.
At the beginning of the year, the musicians auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent judges at the London Palladium.
Their audition gained a standing ovation and four ‘Yes’ votes from the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Live shows were delayed by the Covid-19 outbreak, but they were delighted to hear they have been selected as one of 40 acts through to the semi-final.
Sana said: “It was a fantastic experience performing to the judges and to such a large audience and then progressing to the next round.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
“We have really enjoyed this experience so far and are looking forward to the next stage of the competition.”
The semi-finals will be broadcast on Saturday evenings on ITV.