Felsted School students through to TV show Britain’s Got Talent semi-finals
- Credit: Felsted School
Three musicians from Felsted School are through to Britain’s Got Talent’s semi-finals as part of the Chineke! Junior Orchestra.
Sana, her brother Shesh and Charles are members of the youth orchestra for Black, Asian and ethnically diverse players aged 11-22.
It was founded in 2015 by Chi-chi Nwanoku OBE, with the aim of creating opportunities for BME musicians in mainstream orchestras where they are currently underrepresented.
At the beginning of the year, the musicians auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent judges at the London Palladium.
Their audition gained a standing ovation and four ‘Yes’ votes from the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Live shows were delayed by the Covid-19 outbreak, but they were delighted to hear they have been selected as one of 40 acts through to the semi-final.
Sana said: “It was a fantastic experience performing to the judges and to such a large audience and then progressing to the next round.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 6 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
“We have really enjoyed this experience so far and are looking forward to the next stage of the competition.”
The semi-finals will be broadcast on Saturday evenings on ITV.