Felsted School students through to TV show Britain’s Got Talent semi-finals
- Credit: Felsted School
Three musicians from Felsted School are through to Britain’s Got Talent’s semi-finals as part of the Chineke! Junior Orchestra.
Sana, her brother Shesh and Charles are members of the youth orchestra for Black, Asian and ethnically diverse players aged 11-22.
It was founded in 2015 by Chi-chi Nwanoku OBE, with the aim of creating opportunities for BME musicians in mainstream orchestras where they are currently underrepresented.
At the beginning of the year, the musicians auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent judges at the London Palladium.
Their audition gained a standing ovation and four ‘Yes’ votes from the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Live shows were delayed by the Covid-19 outbreak, but they were delighted to hear they have been selected as one of 40 acts through to the semi-final.
Sana said: “It was a fantastic experience performing to the judges and to such a large audience and then progressing to the next round.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
“We have really enjoyed this experience so far and are looking forward to the next stage of the competition.”
The semi-finals will be broadcast on Saturday evenings on ITV.