Felsted School goes international
AN UTTLESFORD school has received international recognition for its educational standards allowing pupils to go on and take part in worldwide events. Felsted Schools has been awarded European Regional Membership of the Round Square after being accepted in
AN UTTLESFORD school has received international recognition for its educational standards allowing pupils to go on and take part in worldwide events.
Felsted Schools has been awarded European Regional Membership of the Round Square after being accepted into an elite group consisting of only 80 schools in the world.
According to headmaster Dr Michael Walker, membership affords wonderful opportunities for exciting exchanges, trips and activities throughout the year for all year groups.
He added: "The process towards gaining membership is rigorous and demanding - it has taken over a year. We can be immensely proud that we have been approved to join such an internationally recognised organisation."
You may also want to watch:
The school has now been asked to plan a calendar for different year groups to undertake trips and activities during the year.
The first of these is Felsted's inaugural Model United Nations Conference being held on February 7 and 8 where over 100 pupils will be involved.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
During the two days, a student debate on world poverty will include a live link to a children's charity in Mumbai, India.
Dr Walker added: "These are exciting times to be at Felsted. The world really is our oyster".