Felsted School girls picked for Essex Cricket squad
- Credit: Archant
Felsted is currently nominated as an Inspirational School for girls’ cricket by Essex CCC and became a MCCF (Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation) hub for girls’ cricket in November 2015.
Ten girls across Felsted School have been selected for the Essex Cricket squads after trials.
Jemima Leigh and Kim Raeburn have been chosen for the U11 squad, Jess Olorenshaw and Ruby Hart for the U13s, Beth Irvine, Emma Jones and Annabel Hills for the U15 squad and Alex Went, Poppy Timson and Amie Chapman have been selected for the U17s.
The girls will be involved in winter training at the Essex County Ground and will be put up for selection for summer matches.
This follows a successful cricket season for the Felsted Girls after the senior first team claimed the county title.
You may also want to watch:
Now a core sport, the U13A girls also won four out of five of their games at their first ever tournament last season, and the U15 girls finished third in the country at the Lady Taverner’s Indoor Cricket Cup Final, held at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- 1 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 6 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 7 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 8 In pictures: Roman Day for primary school pupils
- 9 Friends of Flitch Way one of three nominiated charities for the year
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision