Felsted School girls picked for Essex Cricket squad
- Credit: Archant
Felsted is currently nominated as an Inspirational School for girls’ cricket by Essex CCC and became a MCCF (Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation) hub for girls’ cricket in November 2015.
Ten girls across Felsted School have been selected for the Essex Cricket squads after trials.
Jemima Leigh and Kim Raeburn have been chosen for the U11 squad, Jess Olorenshaw and Ruby Hart for the U13s, Beth Irvine, Emma Jones and Annabel Hills for the U15 squad and Alex Went, Poppy Timson and Amie Chapman have been selected for the U17s.
The girls will be involved in winter training at the Essex County Ground and will be put up for selection for summer matches.
This follows a successful cricket season for the Felsted Girls after the senior first team claimed the county title.
You may also want to watch:
Now a core sport, the U13A girls also won four out of five of their games at their first ever tournament last season, and the U15 girls finished third in the country at the Lady Taverner’s Indoor Cricket Cup Final, held at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing