Felsted School feels the force
THE Felsted School Combined Cadet Force put on an immense performance to take second place at the Combat Cadet Exercise it was announced on Monday. The event took place on the Stanford Battle area, known as Stanta , near Thetford in which pupils competed
THE Felsted School Combined Cadet Force put on an immense performance to take second place at the Combat Cadet Exercise it was announced on Monday.
The event took place on the Stanford Battle area, known as 'Stanta', near Thetford in which pupils competed against 21 other teams and took the runners up place with a score of 126 out of a total 132 marks.
Matthew Christmas, deputy headmaster, said: "I am really proud of them. This is the fourth year we've entered the competition and this is the highest we've come.
"They have been training incredibly hard for the whole term and they performed out of their skins."
You may also want to watch:
Major Bill Eke, MBE, in charge of the Felsted CCF, said: "The strength of CCF at Felsted is outstanding and the team certainly deserved their achievements."
The pupils particularly excelled at Night Navigation, which they won, and came second in the March and Shoot, and Assault Course.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Luke Jones, the Commander of the Force, came second overall as the Best Section Commander.
Felsted were also awarded the Combined Cadet Force overall beating many schools.