Felsted Royal British Legion Club faces closure in the new year
- Credit: Google Earth
Villagers are fighting to save a much-loved Royal British Legion clubhouse in Felsted.
In December, the Fested RBL Club committee announced that it would shut the venue at the end of 2021.
But villagers will host an open meeting at 12.30pm on Sunday, January 9 to discuss the building's future.
Felsted RBL branch secretary Terry Nunn said a new committee is needed to run the club.
Mr Nunn said: "We do not have the hands to run the building at the moment.
"Before Covid-19, it was thriving and events were packed out.
"But people are losing interest after so many decades."
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 4 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 5 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 6 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Platinum Jubilee pictures from Great Dunmow and district
- 9 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 10 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
Mr Nunn added that the Felsted RBL branch would continue to run the Poppy Appeal and remembrance events, even if the building closes.
He said: "It would be a big shame to see the clubhouse close.
"It's a lovely building used by our members and people throughout Felsted."