Felsted pupils meet holocaust survivor
PUPILS at Felsted have been hearing all about the emotional and harrowing experiences of a holocaust survivor. Polish Jew Mala Tribich dropped into the school to give a talk on what life was like when her family was being oppressed by the Nazi s during Wo
PUPILS at Felsted have been hearing all about the emotional and harrowing experiences of a holocaust survivor.
Polish Jew Mala Tribich dropped into the school to give a talk on what life was like when her family was being oppressed by the Nazi's during World War Two.
She told pupils how she was forced into hiding in terrible conditions and told of her experiences as her family took the decision to send her away for her own safety.
Year 9 student Charlotte Lane said: "Hearing about what happened to Mala's family was very emotional for a lot of the students. I thought it was very brave of her to get up in front of us all and talk about her difficult experience.
You may also want to watch:
"One of the most interesting parts of Mala's speech was when she explained to us all of her different hiding places. Her bravery was amazing and we were very grateful for Mala's visit which was a once in a lifetime experience and one that I don't think any of us will forget.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan