Felsted pupils hit upon success in International Baccalaureate exams
FELSTED students hit the mark today (Tuesday) in a successful batch of International Baccalaureate (IB) results. Twenty-nine pupils received the school s IB results after studying six subjects, three at Higher Level and three at Standard Level, each being
FELSTED students hit the mark today (Tuesday) in a successful batch of International Baccalaureate (IB) results.
Twenty-nine pupils received the school's IB results after studying six subjects, three at Higher Level and three at Standard Level, each being awarded up to seven points.
At Higher Level, 77 per cent of the grades were at five points or higher and at Standard Level the figure was 80 per cent.
The average total score amongst all pupils was 33.5 points, an equivalent to just more than four A grades at A-level and an improvement on last year's average score of 33 points. The maximum score that an IB student can achieve is 45 points.
You may also want to watch:
Anna-Sophie Scheidl achieved the highest results at Felsted with 40 points in total which, if related to UCAS entry points, can be equated to almost five-and-a-half A grades at A-level.
In all, 10 students at the independent school - which also A-levels to sixth form pupils - achieved an overall score of 35 points or better:
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
Anna-Sophie Scheidl from Germany achieved 40 points
Lena Sophie Koenig from Germany achieved 39 points
George Menne from Germany achieved 39 points
Ian Clark from Great Notley achieved 38 points
Stephanie Farr, from Sible Hedingham achieved 38 points
Clemens Berghoff, from Germany achieved 37 points
Liam Boshell from High Wycombe achieved 37 points
Benedict Schmidt, from Germany achieved 37 points
Bernhard Fohrmann, from Germany achieved 36 points
Matthew Savill, from Navestock achieved 35 points
Director of Studies at Felsted School, Dr John Shaw, said: "The students and staff have both worked very hard over the two year course to achieve these results.
"There are a number of very able students who have obtained excellent results. I am delighted that most IB Felstedians will be going on to their first choice university."
Headteacher, Dr Michael Walker, said: "Felsted aims to provide a breadth of education and opportunity focused on enhancing the individual talents of its pupils, and this has provided an excellent environment for the IB Programme to flourish.