Felsted Prep school is given 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating
OUTSTANDING was the term used to describe Felsted Preparatory School in a recent government report on its boarding provisions. Ofsted reported on the social care provided by Felsted. The report covered all aspects of boarding for which the school receiv
OUTSTANDING" was the term used to describe Felsted Preparatory School in a recent government report on its boarding provisions.
Ofsted reported on the social care provided by Felsted. The report covered all aspects of boarding for which the school received "outstanding" on all criteria, bar achieving economic wellbeing for which it received a good rating.
Head of Boarding at the school, Andy Finch, said: "To receive such a high result is a superb accolade and is a great reward to the staff for all their efforts.
"It shows that the boarders' welfare is at the heart of everything we do in the House and the School. You can't get better than outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
"The inspector looked at all the paperwork, questioned the staff, parents and the boarders about every aspect of life in the Boarding House"
The report stated that "the overall quality rating is outstanding". It added: "Boarders' experiences are very positive with lots of fun being had and many rating the school as excellent.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
"Staff are highly committed, well trained and help boarders to develop self-confidence and build a strong sense of independence."
At the last inspection, the school was recommended to improve medical records and ensure appropriate parental consents are in place but Ofsted noted that "this has now been robustly addressed".
Felsted Preparatory School is an independent, co-educational, boarding and day school for pupils aged four to 13, currently providing education for 454 pupils.