Felsted Playing Field Project takes big step forward as contractors move in
WORK on a major project in Felsted began this morning (Monday August 10). The Felsted Playing Field Project took a giant leap forward when contractors Doe Sports moved onto the field to start the construction of a multi use play area (MUGA). It
WORK on a major project in Felsted began this morning (Monday August 10).
The Felsted Playing Field Project took a giant leap forward when contractors Doe Sports moved onto the field to start the construction of a multi use play area (MUGA). It is anticipated that the MUGA will be ready for use by the end of October.
This new play facility for Felsted will provide a hard standing, fenced area suitable for football, netball and basketball. It is being funded by a National Lottery Grant found by Uttlesford District Council and by a grant provided via Essex County Council.
Project committee member David Gregory said: "It has been a long and sometimes barren haul from when Felsted Parish Council first started to look at new facilities for the children of Felsted. Whilst I am sorry that we have missed the summer holiday period at last we can see something is being done."
You may also want to watch:
The project committee is now working on position and design options for the children's play area and will be holding an exhibition and consultation in October.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge