Felsted Playing Field Project takes big step forward as contractors move in
WORK on a major project in Felsted began this morning (Monday August 10). The Felsted Playing Field Project took a giant leap forward when contractors Doe Sports moved onto the field to start the construction of a multi use play area (MUGA). It
WORK on a major project in Felsted began this morning (Monday August 10).
The Felsted Playing Field Project took a giant leap forward when contractors Doe Sports moved onto the field to start the construction of a multi use play area (MUGA). It is anticipated that the MUGA will be ready for use by the end of October.
This new play facility for Felsted will provide a hard standing, fenced area suitable for football, netball and basketball. It is being funded by a National Lottery Grant found by Uttlesford District Council and by a grant provided via Essex County Council.
Project committee member David Gregory said: "It has been a long and sometimes barren haul from when Felsted Parish Council first started to look at new facilities for the children of Felsted. Whilst I am sorry that we have missed the summer holiday period at last we can see something is being done."
The project committee is now working on position and design options for the children's play area and will be holding an exhibition and consultation in October.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?