Felsted Parish Plan feedback goes on show
A PUBLIC exhibition is being held in Felsted to feed back to residents the results on the Parish Plan.
The plan will represent a statement from the villagers on the positive and negative aspects of village life and of their hopes, concerns and fears.
A working group has spent the past 12 months surveying households, businesses and organisations in the village in a bid to put together the plan. The surveys were sent to a professional organisation for analysis and production of the results.
A spokesman for the Parish Plan Group said the document would provided the parish council and residents an opportunity to influence statutory bodies including Uttlesford District Council, Essex County Council, health authorities and Essex Police.
He said: “The results of this project will form a very strong evidence base of the views of villagers, which should be taken into account when forming policy decisions. The views of Felsted and its 15 hamlets must be heard and the Parish Plan is a recognised method.
You may also want to watch:
“The plan will provide a platform for the development of facilities, improvement of the environment, identify priority areas for which funding must be found through grants or the parish precept and influence building development to provide a safe and sustainable community.”
The plan will be written and published in September but a public exhibition has been arranged to provide residents with an opportunity to review and comment on the results.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 8 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
It will take place at Felsted Memorial Hall on June 29, from 10am to 3pm.
Posters publicising the event will also be displayed around Felsted and the surrounding 15 hamlets inviting residents to attend.