Felsted Friendship Club has its first meetup since coronavirus lockdown began
- Credit: Dicky Howett
The Felsted Friendship Club have met up for again, the first time since February.
They wore masks and 27 had a socially distanced afternoon tea and cake at Felsted’s Memorial Hall.
Committee member Margaret Howett said they had hoped to have had their meetup outside but as it was too windy a day to be outdoors they sat inside, spaced apart.
During coronavirus lockdown, members missed their monthly meetings but they had two little treats delivered to their homes.
They had a cream tea in a bag with all the items so they could assemble it at home, and several weeks later they had a delivery of home made apple pie and cream.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Howett said they had also telephoned club members, to ensure they had someone to chat with.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 7 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 8 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas