Felsted Friendship Club has its first meetup since coronavirus lockdown began
- Credit: Dicky Howett
The Felsted Friendship Club have met up for again, the first time since February.
They wore masks and 27 had a socially distanced afternoon tea and cake at Felsted’s Memorial Hall.
Committee member Margaret Howett said they had hoped to have had their meetup outside but as it was too windy a day to be outdoors they sat inside, spaced apart.
During coronavirus lockdown, members missed their monthly meetings but they had two little treats delivered to their homes.
They had a cream tea in a bag with all the items so they could assemble it at home, and several weeks later they had a delivery of home made apple pie and cream.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Howett said they had also telephoned club members, to ensure they had someone to chat with.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?