Felsted man faces allegations over indecent photos
- Credit: Archant
A 70-year-old Felsted man has appeared in court accused of possessing around 1,500 indecent images of children.
Michael Ward, of Stevens Lane, who is accused of four offences, is also alleged to have extreme pornographic images of people having sex with animals – including an octopus and an eel.
Three charges allege making, or downloading, indecent photographs of children, both still and moving, between December 8, 2014 and January 16 this year.
One charge relates to 210 images of the highest category A. Magistrates were given an example, which concerned a baby of six months.
Two other offences relate to 913 indecent images and movies of category C and to 215 at category B.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth charge is possessing 27 extreme pornographic images and movies on January 15, 2016.
Ward did not indicate a plea to any of the allegations during the hearing at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (October 4) and the magistrates declined jurisdiction and sent the case to Chelmsford Crown Court.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 9 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
A preliminary hearing will be held on November 1.
Ward was bailed, with a condition that he does not have any unsupervised contact with any child under the age of 16.