Felsted french horn player is in running to become Essex’s Young Musician of the Year
A YOUNG Felsted musician is set to participate in a countywide talent competition.
Amanda Michell is one of 16 hopefuls, aged 13 to 25, who have entered Essex Young Musician of the Year 2011.
The competition showcases young classically trained musicians who were born, educated or live in Essex.
French horn player Amanda is the principal horn of both the Amadeus and Royal Holloway orchestras.
The former Felsted School pupil, who currently attends the highly respected Trinity College of Music in London, was unable to compete in the competition last year due to illness.
You may also want to watch:
The prestigious contest was founded in 1984 under the patronage of world renowned Essex-born pianist John Lill. There are six prizes available and the total prize money is over �1,600.
The preliminaries are on Sunday June 26 at 2pm in Ongar’s Budworth Hall. The semi-finals are on the following Sunday (July 3) at 2pm, with the finals at 7.30pm.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
Tickets for the semi and finals on July 3 cost �7 and can be obtained from Janet Pope on 01763 248342, or on the door.