Felsted french horn player is in running to become Essex’s Young Musician of the Year
A YOUNG Felsted musician is set to participate in a countywide talent competition.
Amanda Michell is one of 16 hopefuls, aged 13 to 25, who have entered Essex Young Musician of the Year 2011.
The competition showcases young classically trained musicians who were born, educated or live in Essex.
French horn player Amanda is the principal horn of both the Amadeus and Royal Holloway orchestras.
The former Felsted School pupil, who currently attends the highly respected Trinity College of Music in London, was unable to compete in the competition last year due to illness.
You may also want to watch:
The prestigious contest was founded in 1984 under the patronage of world renowned Essex-born pianist John Lill. There are six prizes available and the total prize money is over �1,600.
The preliminaries are on Sunday June 26 at 2pm in Ongar’s Budworth Hall. The semi-finals are on the following Sunday (July 3) at 2pm, with the finals at 7.30pm.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 8 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 29, 2021
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
Tickets for the semi and finals on July 3 cost �7 and can be obtained from Janet Pope on 01763 248342, or on the door.