Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- Credit: Swan Inn
The Swan Inn pub in Felsted, which has pivoted its business in lockdown to become a farm shop, is rallying the community to help others.
On Thursdays to Sundays when they are open they become a drop-off point for donations for Uttlesford Foodbank. The drop-off is outside.
Lauren Murray and Peter White then drive the donations to the foodbank in Saffron Walden every Sunday, along with leftover farm shop produce.
Lauren said they've had a great number of kind messages, and pledges of support.
"Everybody seems very kind. We have such a big village. That's why the shop is doing so well - so many houses with cupboards full of Christmas stuff they don't want!"
You may also want to watch:
Lauren said a lot of people were facing a more difficult time, with reports of an 89 percent rise in the use of foodbanks since the crisis hit in March.
She said every donation, no matter the size, was gratefully taken.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan