Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- Credit: Swan Inn
The Swan Inn pub in Felsted, which has pivoted its business in lockdown to become a farm shop, is rallying the community to help others.
On Thursdays to Sundays when they are open they become a drop-off point for donations for Uttlesford Foodbank. The drop-off is outside.
Lauren Murray and Peter White then drive the donations to the foodbank in Saffron Walden every Sunday, along with leftover farm shop produce.
Lauren said they've had a great number of kind messages, and pledges of support.
"Everybody seems very kind. We have such a big village. That's why the shop is doing so well - so many houses with cupboards full of Christmas stuff they don't want!"
Lauren said a lot of people were facing a more difficult time, with reports of an 89 percent rise in the use of foodbanks since the crisis hit in March.
She said every donation, no matter the size, was gratefully taken.
- 1 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 6 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 7 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 8 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted