Felsted could host Olympic teams
THE FELSTED Schools have been included in the London 2012 Olympics pre-games training camp guide. The schools will be included in the guide under archery training before it is distributed to all the national Olympic committees at the Beijing games this a
THE FELSTED Schools have been included in the London 2012 Olympics' pre-games training camp guide.
The schools will be included in the guide under archery training before it is distributed to all the national Olympic committees at the Beijing games this autumn.
All the venues contained in the guide are deemed to offer sportsmen and women an elite sporting facility in which to train.
Felsted's 30-acre campus is perfect for archery says headmaster Stephen Roberts.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We are delighted to be included in the guide and we will be welcoming any visiting teams to the schools."
Mr Roberts indicated that the school will be working with any athletes based at the schools to help them succeed in their chosen event.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
The next stage is for the school to further promote itself to visiting teams. Mr Roberts said: "Being included in the guide is no guarantee for hosting a team.
"We are working with the Braintree consortium to promote the area as an excellent venue to train before the games begin."
The area around Felsted is ideal for training athletes as it is located just 30 miles north of the official Olympic village with good road access, but has all the benefits of a calm, clean, rural setting.