Felsted's new cafe supports coffee scheme
- Credit: Felsted School
Rumblebees Bookshop and Music Cafe has opened in Felsted.
And owners Trevor and Jane Beeston have partnered with Felsted School’s pupil charity team, and agreed to serve and sell Ugandan Safi Coffee.
Safi Coffee is a pupil-led Community Interest Company seeks to pioneer entrepreneurship, develop international friendships and sponsor education in Uganda.
Felsted School has partnered with Hull Collegiate School, Highgate School and Great Lakes High School in Uganda.
All profits go directly to the education of young people in the Kanungu region, aiming to break the cycle of poverty for many young people.
You may also want to watch:
Students visit Uganda every two years, teaching in schools and working in the community where they tend to the coffee plantation.
It costs £180 to fund a child to attend school in Uganda for a year including accommodation, food, water and healthcare.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
Trevor Beeston said they were happy to support the initiative.