Felsted's new cafe supports coffee scheme
- Credit: Felsted School
Rumblebees Bookshop and Music Cafe has opened in Felsted.
And owners Trevor and Jane Beeston have partnered with Felsted School’s pupil charity team, and agreed to serve and sell Ugandan Safi Coffee.
Safi Coffee is a pupil-led Community Interest Company seeks to pioneer entrepreneurship, develop international friendships and sponsor education in Uganda.
Felsted School has partnered with Hull Collegiate School, Highgate School and Great Lakes High School in Uganda.
All profits go directly to the education of young people in the Kanungu region, aiming to break the cycle of poverty for many young people.
You may also want to watch:
Students visit Uganda every two years, teaching in schools and working in the community where they tend to the coffee plantation.
It costs £180 to fund a child to attend school in Uganda for a year including accommodation, food, water and healthcare.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
Trevor Beeston said they were happy to support the initiative.