Disused water tower sparks online auction bidding war
- Credit: Clive Emson Auctioneers
A disused water tower in Felsted sparked a bidding war at auction.
The tower in Garnetts Lane sold for £202,000 freehold through Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers.
It was offered jointly for sale with Dalcour Maclaren.
Regional director and auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “This was online auctioneering at its finest as this unusual lot sparked a brilliant bidding war.
“Although we are not aware of the new owner’s intentions, we considered that he tower may have future potential for alternative uses, subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.”
You may also want to watch:
The tower currently houses telecommunications equipment.
The land and structure are currently let to Cornerstone Communications Infrastructure Limited on a commercial lease for a period of 15 years from 1 December 2015.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 3 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 4 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best