Disused water tower sparks online auction bidding war
- Credit: Clive Emson Auctioneers
A disused water tower in Felsted sparked a bidding war at auction.
The tower in Garnetts Lane sold for £202,000 freehold through Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers.
It was offered jointly for sale with Dalcour Maclaren.
Regional director and auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “This was online auctioneering at its finest as this unusual lot sparked a brilliant bidding war.
“Although we are not aware of the new owner’s intentions, we considered that he tower may have future potential for alternative uses, subject to all necessary consents being obtainable.”
You may also want to watch:
The tower currently houses telecommunications equipment.
The land and structure are currently let to Cornerstone Communications Infrastructure Limited on a commercial lease for a period of 15 years from 1 December 2015.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed