Feast of flowers at show
FOAKES Hall was filled with floral fragrances as Dunmow Horticultural Society held its Spring show on Saturday. David Beedle, chairman of Dunmow Horticultural Society, said: Our show was rather late this year, which meant there was a drastic shortfall on
FOAKES Hall was filled with floral fragrances as Dunmow Horticultural Society held its Spring show on Saturday.
David Beedle, chairman of Dunmow Horticultural Society, said: "Our show was rather late this year, which meant there was a drastic shortfall on the daffodil entries in the main classes but that didn't stop the hall from looking splendid.
"It was pleasing to see people had turned their hand to other things and the number of entries in the floral art categories increased."
In the flower arranging there was a bit of sibling rivalry between Glynis Smith and her sister Deborah. Glynis took the Lidbury Cup by one point.
You may also want to watch:
The Dunmow Broadcast's photographer Sarah Lucy Brown judged the photography section and decided the G Perry Shield should go to Mike Barnard.
Patricia Carter won the Stevenson Cup for gaining first place in the jam,
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
lemon curd, and chutney sections. Rookie competitor Darren Barnard's won the Mike Elsdon Cup for his whisky cake and the Neate Shield, awarded to the best exhibit in the show, was presented to Judy Barnard for her potted rhododendron.