Father out walking in Stansted with daughter reports suspicious van driver
- Credit: Archant
A father out walking with his two and a half year old daughter in Stansted contacted police after a male van driver started acting suspiciously towards them.
A man reported that a white van approached him and his daughter on Forest Hall Road on Sunday (June 28) at around 4.20pm.
When he went over to ask what the matter was the man drove away.
As he continued walking the van driver approached again at speed whilst removing his seatbelt.
The man then picked up his daughter and turned quickly down a gravel path before returning to the main road.
You may also want to watch:
In a post on Facebook, he said: “The van was driving slowly along this road and when he saw us again he drove quickly towards us and pulled into the junction and started to get out.
“I quickly pulled out my phone and took photos of him, at this point he closed the door of his van and quickly drove away from us. I never saw him again as we quickly walked home.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
The incident and vehicle registration were reported to the police who he says are “actively looking for the van on regular patrols”.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.