Father Christmas makes it a Winter Wonderland in Takeley
FATHER Christmas bought his reindeer with him to start the Christmas celebrations at Takeley Primary School’s Winter Wonderland on Sunday afternoon.
Despite the cold weather over 1000 people attended the event which included attractions such as live reindeer which the children were able to feed, an ice skating rink, hog roast and bouncy castle along with various craft and refreshment stalls.
People were also able to enjoy street entertainers, while the afternoon finished with Christmas carols with the music provided by a local brass band.
The event raised over �4500 for the school. Part of the cash will be used to fund a pantomime visit for all pupils while the majority will be used for new play equipment when the school moves to its new site in 2012.
Headteacher Mandy Line said: “It was fantastic to see so many people here enjoying themselves.
You may also want to watch:
“The PFA and school wanted to put on an event which included the whole community and we feel this has been achieved this afternoon.
“We are also very grateful for the support of Weston Homes, the parish council, BAA, and all the other people whose contributions have made the event such a marvelous success.”
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 7 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 8 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19