Farewell to the Rev Ivy
CHURCH goers have bid a tearful farewell to a vicar following her move to the churches of the Five Parishes. Rev Ivy Crawford had her official inauguration service last week in Little Easton church in front of pews packed with hundreds or guests. Whilst t
CHURCH goers have bid a tearful farewell to a vicar following her move to the churches of the Five Parishes.
Rev Ivy Crawford had her official inauguration service last week in Little Easton church in front of pews packed with hundreds or guests.
Whilst the bulk of the guests were there to welcome her to her new parish, many from her old church in Stondon Massey were present to say goodbye.
Five parishes spokesman Angela Harbottle was at the ceremony and said that the vicar was clearly very popular.
"We were blessed with a warm, dry evening," she said. "A reception took place after the service and more than 200 people packed into a marquee next to the rectory where they were welcomed with delicious refreshments".
The licensing of the Rev Crawford as Priest-in-Charge of the Five Parishes was conducted by the Bishop of Colchester, Rt Rev Christopher Morgan, and her installation was conducted by the Archdeacon of Colchester, Ven Annette Cooper.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Speaking after the ceremony, Rev Crawford said she was delighted with a wonderful start to her time in the five parishes and thanked those who attended.