Farcical comedy comes to Little Easton
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley s farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton s Greville Theatre Club. The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley's farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton's Greville Theatre Club.
The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th century.
The basic premise of the story is that 25 years after getting married by the same clergyman, three couples gather to celebrate their silver wedding anniversaries.
However, the new chapel organist tells them the parson who conducted the triple wedding ceremony was not authorised to do so.
You may also want to watch:
Pandemonium breaks out when the three couples, who are all pillars of society, believe they have been living in sin.
Performances are on October 25, 26 and 27 and on November 1 and 2. Ticket prices range from £7.50 to £14 for a pre-performance two-course supper.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Tickets can be bought from 9am on September 24 by calling 01371 872986.