Farcical comedy comes to Little Easton
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley s farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton s Greville Theatre Club. The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley's farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton's Greville Theatre Club.
The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th century.
The basic premise of the story is that 25 years after getting married by the same clergyman, three couples gather to celebrate their silver wedding anniversaries.
However, the new chapel organist tells them the parson who conducted the triple wedding ceremony was not authorised to do so.
Pandemonium breaks out when the three couples, who are all pillars of society, believe they have been living in sin.
Performances are on October 25, 26 and 27 and on November 1 and 2. Ticket prices range from £7.50 to £14 for a pre-performance two-course supper.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 7 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Tickets can be bought from 9am on September 24 by calling 01371 872986.