Farcical comedy comes to Little Easton
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley s farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton s Greville Theatre Club. The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th
THEATRE-GOERS can look forward to JB Priestley's farcical comedy When We Are Married when it is performed at Little Easton's Greville Theatre Club.
The play is set in Clecklewyke, a small town in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the early years of the 20th century.
The basic premise of the story is that 25 years after getting married by the same clergyman, three couples gather to celebrate their silver wedding anniversaries.
However, the new chapel organist tells them the parson who conducted the triple wedding ceremony was not authorised to do so.
You may also want to watch:
Pandemonium breaks out when the three couples, who are all pillars of society, believe they have been living in sin.
Performances are on October 25, 26 and 27 and on November 1 and 2. Ticket prices range from £7.50 to £14 for a pre-performance two-course supper.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 5 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
Tickets can be bought from 9am on September 24 by calling 01371 872986.