Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- Credit: Supplied
A family has paid tribute to the mum-of-four who died during a fire in Thaxted.
Josephine Coe, who was known as Josie, died during a house fire in Weaverhead Close on Saturday, November 27.
Josie has been described as a "much-loved" and well-known character who spent most of her life in the town.
Danielle, Josie's great-granddaughter, said: "We loved our mum, grandma, great-grandma and great-great-grandma and we are still processing all the emotions.
"Saturday was an awful day for our family and we are deeply upset by the tragedy."
She added: "I would also like to say a big thank you to the community for their fast response, and to the firefighters, paramedics and police who really did the best they could.
"I know they all found the experience really difficult, too."
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 5 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
A fire service investigation found that the blaze had started accidentally.