Family pay tribute to national champion after fatal crash
THE FAMILY of 25-year-old Greg Hitchings, who tragically died in a road traffic collision on the A507 near Cottered on Monday (May 2), have paid tribute to him.
The incident occurred at around 3.30pm when four vehicles - Greg’s Yamaha motorcycle, an Aprilla motorcycle, a Rover 420 and a Rover metro - were involved in a collision.
The motorbikes had been heading towards the A10 and the cars were travelling in the opposite direction at the time of the collision.
Sadly, Greg and his friend Ben Cottrell passed away. Ben, who was also 25 years old, was from Rayne in Essex.
Greg lived in Lindsell and his family said: “Greg was a former pupil at Helena Romanies School in Great Dunmow. He was a national champion at various levels of Karate (BKK) and was a member of the Great Dunmow Kyokushinkai Club.
You may also want to watch:
“He was affiliated and participated in many other activities, such as roller blading at various venues, banger racing, motor cycling meets and clubs and off road driving with 4x4s.
“A big big loss to so many people who knew him in whatever capacity or form. We would also like to say a very big thank you to family and friends for the support they are giving at this very tragic time.”
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed