Family pay tribute to national champion after fatal crash
THE FAMILY of 25-year-old Greg Hitchings, who tragically died in a road traffic collision on the A507 near Cottered on Monday (May 2), have paid tribute to him.
The incident occurred at around 3.30pm when four vehicles - Greg’s Yamaha motorcycle, an Aprilla motorcycle, a Rover 420 and a Rover metro - were involved in a collision.
The motorbikes had been heading towards the A10 and the cars were travelling in the opposite direction at the time of the collision.
Sadly, Greg and his friend Ben Cottrell passed away. Ben, who was also 25 years old, was from Rayne in Essex.
Greg lived in Lindsell and his family said: “Greg was a former pupil at Helena Romanies School in Great Dunmow. He was a national champion at various levels of Karate (BKK) and was a member of the Great Dunmow Kyokushinkai Club.
You may also want to watch:
“He was affiliated and participated in many other activities, such as roller blading at various venues, banger racing, motor cycling meets and clubs and off road driving with 4x4s.
“A big big loss to so many people who knew him in whatever capacity or form. We would also like to say a very big thank you to family and friends for the support they are giving at this very tragic time.”
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history