Family of Little Easton crash victim pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man who died in a fatal road traffic accident at Little Easton on Friday, March 13 have paid tribute to his memory.
Roy Lynch, 86, from Thaxted, died after his Ford Fiesta collided with a stationary Volkswagen Golf on the B184 near Woodside Way.
His family said: “Our family mourn the sudden tragic passing of a much loved father and grandfather.
“Roy had lived in Thaxted for ten years, enjoying retirement to the full and often travelling overseas for weeks at a time.
“He had previously lived in Spain and returned as regularly as he could to savour the Mediterranean lifestyle and warmer winter climate that enabled him to remain active.
You may also want to watch:
“He was happiest when surrounded by his family.
“He will be sadly missed and forever remembered with love by us all.”
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
Police were called to the crash shortly before 10.50am on Friday, March 10.
Fire crews and an air ambulance attended and Mr Lynch was treated by paramedics by sadly died at the scene.