Family of Little Easton crash victim pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man who died in a fatal road traffic accident at Little Easton on Friday, March 13 have paid tribute to his memory.
Roy Lynch, 86, from Thaxted, died after his Ford Fiesta collided with a stationary Volkswagen Golf on the B184 near Woodside Way.
His family said: “Our family mourn the sudden tragic passing of a much loved father and grandfather.
“Roy had lived in Thaxted for ten years, enjoying retirement to the full and often travelling overseas for weeks at a time.
“He had previously lived in Spain and returned as regularly as he could to savour the Mediterranean lifestyle and warmer winter climate that enabled him to remain active.
“He was happiest when surrounded by his family.
“He will be sadly missed and forever remembered with love by us all.”
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
Police were called to the crash shortly before 10.50am on Friday, March 10.
Fire crews and an air ambulance attended and Mr Lynch was treated by paramedics by sadly died at the scene.