Family of Little Easton crash victim pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man who died in a fatal road traffic accident at Little Easton on Friday, March 13 have paid tribute to his memory.
Roy Lynch, 86, from Thaxted, died after his Ford Fiesta collided with a stationary Volkswagen Golf on the B184 near Woodside Way.
His family said: “Our family mourn the sudden tragic passing of a much loved father and grandfather.
“Roy had lived in Thaxted for ten years, enjoying retirement to the full and often travelling overseas for weeks at a time.
“He had previously lived in Spain and returned as regularly as he could to savour the Mediterranean lifestyle and warmer winter climate that enabled him to remain active.
You may also want to watch:
“He was happiest when surrounded by his family.
“He will be sadly missed and forever remembered with love by us all.”
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 3 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 4 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 5 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 6 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 8 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 9 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 10 Great Easton pub sells at auction
Police were called to the crash shortly before 10.50am on Friday, March 10.
Fire crews and an air ambulance attended and Mr Lynch was treated by paramedics by sadly died at the scene.