Family of Little Easton crash victim pay tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man who died in a fatal road traffic accident at Little Easton on Friday, March 13 have paid tribute to his memory.
Roy Lynch, 86, from Thaxted, died after his Ford Fiesta collided with a stationary Volkswagen Golf on the B184 near Woodside Way.
His family said: “Our family mourn the sudden tragic passing of a much loved father and grandfather.
“Roy had lived in Thaxted for ten years, enjoying retirement to the full and often travelling overseas for weeks at a time.
“He had previously lived in Spain and returned as regularly as he could to savour the Mediterranean lifestyle and warmer winter climate that enabled him to remain active.
You may also want to watch:
“He was happiest when surrounded by his family.
“He will be sadly missed and forever remembered with love by us all.”
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 3 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 4 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 5 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
Police were called to the crash shortly before 10.50am on Friday, March 10.
Fire crews and an air ambulance attended and Mr Lynch was treated by paramedics by sadly died at the scene.